Neobux

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Neobux Experiment: Part 6 - Golden Membership

Status: Profitable
Deposited: $10
Current Balance: $20.65
Profit/Loss: $10.65 profit
Assets: 73 referrals, Golden membership

On 24 March this year, Neobux celebrated its eighth birthday with a promotional discount.  This meant that golden membership cost $75 instead of $90.  Thanks to a good run of mini jobs through March, I had that much in my account, so I took the plunge.

What did $75 buy me?

Golden membership comes with a range of benefits and new features, but I couldn't find a full list of them anywhere before buying.  Now that I've had a chance to look around, here's my summary.

Increased income

The most noticeable benefit is the jump in income.  This comes from three sources:

  1. Referral income doubles.  Referral clicks are now worth one cent each, rather than half a cent before.  My 53 referrals were making me about 20-25 cents a day, which immediately become 40-50 cents.  It's really noticeable the way the balance increases now.
  2. Personal clicks are worth something now.  As a standard member, you're guaranteed four gold-coloured fixed ads a day, worth 0.1 cents each.  There's usually about 20 other ads available, so your personal clicks get you about 2.5 cents a day (plus the points and adprizes, which are much more useful).  As a gold member, the fixed ads are worth a whole cent each, and you get nine of them a day.  Add in the others and you're looking at around 11 cents a day from personal clicks.
  3. Mini job bonuses double.  Standard members get a 15c bonus for every dollar earned, Golden gets 30c.  March was a good month, where I did $60 worth of mini jobs, receiving $9 of bonus, that would have been $18 if I were golden at the time.
So without the mini job income, I'm around 30c a day up, just on the 53 referrals I already had.  That's around $110 a year.  Even at full price, that upgrade is paying for itself.

Add in the mini job bonuses for an extra $110 (assuming I can keep up the March pace, which I probably can't) and we're up to $220 a year extra, a profit of $130 on full price membership or $145 on the promotional price.

So yes, it's worth it.

My referrals are not yet self-sustaining and will require subsidy from personal clicks and mini jobs until I have 115 of them (see previous post), but I'm making good progress towards that number.

Renting referrals

You can now have up to 2,000 referrals (or 2,099 if you're careful how you do it), up from 300 at standard level.

You should now receive better quality referrals, due to a stricter distribution filter.

As a standard member, you were guaranteed only to get referrals who have clicked at least 11 ads in the last 5 days (average 2.2).  Golden members only get people who have clicked 14 in the last 6 days (average 2.33).  So the people you get should be marginally more active.

You can still rent more referrals seven days after the last set, but you are restricted to two one-hour slots, which you chose yourself.  I chose noon and 11pm as the most convenient times for me, but then the clocks changed and now I'm on 1pm and midnight.


Enhanced statistics

A few new graphs appear with the upgrade.

On the statistics page, transfers to rental balance and golden pack balance are added to the group that contains the recycle and extension values.

A new graph showing the number of referrals due for extension over the next 270 days is very useful in helping you to spread out the costs.

On the rented referral page, a new icon has been added to each line which shows the click rate over the last ten days for that referral.  Possibly of use when making recycling decisions, but this would take a lot of effort if you have a large number of referrals.

The summary page now has a smaller version of the direct and rented referral clicks graphs from the statistics page.

Progress and future plans

Since upgrading, I have acquired a further 20 referrals.  At the time that I upgraded, I had enough cash to get another 10 and extend them for 240 days while there was still a discount on ($1.09 each, rather than $1,12).  I got the other 10 a week later and am holding back enough cash to extend them when they come due.

I've added a page to my Neobux spreadsheet to track costs and tell me how much I can spend on new rentals.  It shows for every day over the next year the projected extension and upgrade costs, assumed daily income (based on a conservative 0.6 average) and then calculates the projected balance at the end of each day.  The sheet then tells me how many I can afford to rent based on my current balance, without running out of money when costs come up over the next year.

Currently it's telling me I can get up to another 15 this Friday, so I'll probably end up getting another 10.

My plan it to keep expanding until I'm renting as many as I can as often as I can, then I'll start withdrawing whatever's left.  Might take a while, but I definitely think it's possible.

Join the fun: https://www.neobux.com/?r=rrobson

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting read.
    I started using neobux a couple years ago now but I'm deciding to stop as I don't have time to maintain the account anymore.

    At peak I had 1400 referral making something like $7-8 a day. This has dropped down to 1140 now. I'm hoping to get them all extended for at least 90 days and take a big cash out once they've all expired.

    It's a system you have to be very patient with and plan your referral buys and extensions very carefully. That's one of the reasons I'm ending it as I got greedy and bought too many referrals that I can't manage within my means. Plus I don't do mini jobs anymore, this income can really grow your account early on. My account tells me I've made $770 from mini jobs alone since starting. I've pretty much reinvested everything, never made it to ultimate though.

    Maybe if I end up with a big pot at the end of it I'll leave a little to start over again. I'll follow your experiment and hopefully gain a few tips ;)

    ps - neobux referrals handy manager is a good free piece of software for managing your referral recycles when they get into big numbers.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darren

    Thanks for the encouraging words.

    From what I've seen, going too big too fast is a very common mistake. It's so tempting to build up the numbers and see big incomes quickly, but like any business, it's all about cash flow.

    Hopefully I'm keeping mine under control well enough. Last week I had $35 in my account. I was tempted to buy 100 new refs, but my spreadsheet told me only 25 would be sustainable, so I got 25 and I'll be ready when they come up for renewal.

    I'm also tempted to put more real money in to grow faster, but I'm resisting that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best facts about Clixsense's GPT Click Program:
    1. Up to $0.02/click.
    2. 5 seconds lowest timer.
    3. Repeat every 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete