Neobux

Friday 11 September 2015

Neobux Experiment: Part 1

So I keep seeing adverts for Neobux and I can't decide whether it looks dodgy or like a great opportunity.  I decided to find out, so here's my experiment.

I've decided to risk $10 of my other online income to find out if this is as lucrative as people on the forums are suggesting.  Could have started with nothing, but it would've taken forever to build up, so I'll kick start it with something I don't mind losing.  People are talking about making $20, $50 or even $100 a day with this.  Sounds fanciful, but wouldn't it be nice if it were true?

How does Neobux work?


Fundamentally, it's a pay-to-click advertising site.  Like all the others, they pay you next to nothing for looking at adverts for a few seconds.  Not worth doing on its own.  Also like the others, you can earn a commission for adverts seen by your referrals.  Nothing new so far.

The difference here, and the thing that's either brilliant or dodgy, is that they will rent you referrals.  Rather than having to pester your friends and spam Facebook and Twitter, you can pay a monthly rental for someone to potentially earn you some money.  It all depends on how the numbers work out.

So let's look at the numbers.


There are different levels of membership and most online guides I've seen are very focussed on what happens when you hit the higher levels.  From my point of view, I want to see if I can fundamentally make money, so I'll just deal with the standard level membership and deal with the higher levels when and if I get to them.

Clicking on adverts yourself mostly gets you $0.001 (with the occasional $0.01).  You have to click at least four ads a day to receive anything from your referrals the following day.

Clicks by referrals are worth $0.005 to you.

Renting a referral costs $0.20 for the first month, then can be extended for $0.005 per day (around $0.15 per month).  So you can see that a referral averaging just over one click per day will pay for itself.  Anything over that is profit.

The site shows you how each referral is performing.  If you don't like how one is doing (ie their average is too low), you can 'recycle' them, drop them out and get someone different in their place for a fee of $0.07

The idea is that you gradually weed out the bad ones and build yourself a team of quality workers to turn over a good profit.

The experiment begins


I started on Tuesday night (it's Friday now), by doing my four clicks, so I can make money from referrals the following day.

Wednesday lunchtime, I rented my first ten referrals.  It seems that keeping a balance of around $1 per referral is advisable, to pay for extensions and recycling.

I was expecting junk, thinking I'd gradually erode my $10 paying for recycle after recycle.  Maybe get one or two good ones if I'm luck.

On the first full day, five of my ten referrals did 4 clicks each.  That's 2 cents each, profitable if they can keep it up.  Now into the second day, a sixth one has kicked in and the first one has done another 4 clicks.  It's a slow start, but promising.

I'll give the other four a couple more days to wake up, then recycle them.

The numbers so far:

Deposited: $10
Current balance $8.175
Profit/Loss: $1,825 loss

So I've made back 17 cents from the $2 I spent after just a couple of days.  The coming weeks should be interesting.

Thinking of trying it out?


Give it a week or two (or more) to see how it's panning out for me.  If it looks profitable, I'll post a referral link.




1 comment:

  1. You can earn $20 for a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So big companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, participates in surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete